Highlighted
New Contributor

Petco, Say It Isn't True about Phasing Out Fancy Feast Classic!

When I visited my local Petco in NYC yesterday, there were very few Fancy Feast can of the "Classic" variety. These are my cats' favorites. There are a paste which they much prefer to Grilled, Sliced, Squares ... what have you?

When I asked an employee what's going on, he said that the Classic flavors are being phased out in favor of the classier (more expensive) items like the Medley's and the Breakfasts and such.

My cats will be so disappointed. Raise the price if you feel you must, but please keep available the "Classic" Fancy Feast. My cats have been raised on them. They turn their noses up at the Gravies, the Chunkies ... all others.

Anyone else feel the same?

5 REPLIES
Community Representative

Re: Petco, Say It Isn't True about Phasing Out Fancy Feast Classic!

Hi cyannah. Thank you for sharing your concern with us.  I will share your concern to our merchandise buyer and the store for review. Rest assured that we will evaluate your feedback to give all of our customers the best possible selection of pet products and the best service.

Community Manager

Hi cyannah. I'm sorry to hear that your local store is phasing the type of food your cats prefer, as a cat parent myself, I know how important it is to feed them what they like. Fancy Feast in the Classic variety is available online here and I recommend checking out Petco's Repeat Delivery program. You can schedule your favorite pet food and supplies for automatic delivery and save up to 15% on qualifying orders. Hopefully this helps! What are your cats names? I would love to see a photo of them! 

Definitely!! My kitties are the same way. Take this away and I am dooped at what to feed them. They loooove the Fancy Feast Classic and look so forward to it each evening at dinner time.

The only polite way I can describe your response is by calling it idiotic. You already steal money from NYC residents for delivery and have been for a long time. Now you are making the food eaten by MILLIONS of cats esp those coming from rescue/shelters inaccessible. And yet...you continue to carry Blue which has been shown to have the same ingredients as Purina but at double the $ and the added "benefit" of killing dogs. Way to go Petco Corporate! Your Unleashed stores were supposed to be for the too often to count recalled "natural" foods. Why do you have to make buying food for our pets difficult? Why do you have to make helping shelters & rescues difficult? What is the point of this nonsense???

my cat will also only eat the pate and classic types of food. she turns her nose up at grilled, flaked, chunks, and fancy flavors/medleys/braised/etc. please keep the classic kind of food. tank you.

Latest Discussion
View more discussions
What's New in the Cat Aisle

Price

By JGroves on Sep. 20, 2017
Your prices are ridiculous. You bought out Drs. Foster &...

So Phresh Litter Trapper Paw Shaped Cat Litter Mat

By bluestraycat on Jul. 30, 2016
I would like to get a So Phresh Litter Trapper Paw Shaped Ca...

Petco, Say It Isn't True about Phasing Out Fancy Feast Class...

By cyannah on May. 18, 2015
When I visited my local Petco in NYC yesterday, there were v...

petco sale items?

By gubbagal02 on Dec. 19, 2012
Dear Petco, I was trying to find a nice cat scratcher / tree...
Read all discussions