Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

My Hamster Died Today

I got my Hamster Shiro last week (02/26/2017) and took her home. Everything was good until yesterday when I got home and went into the videos recorded on my motion camera. I was surprised to see the folder empty, at first I thought it might've been an error and the motion didn't activate but when I checked at Shiro she was inside her hideout trembling. I got Shiro out and gave her food and help her drink water but she barely eat. I got worried and decided to take her to the veterinarian today after work but when I came home she was dead in her hideout.

I do not know what to do, Shiro was not my pet she was my little friend and now she is gone. I do not understand what could happen to her. I was going to expand her cage and get her a friend to play this weekend but now she is gone and I do not know what to do anymore. Took me some time to register and post into the community but please leave your comment, it will help me out to read your responses

5 REPLIES

Re: My Hamster Died Today

I'm so sorry for you,I had a hamster named Hammy I loved him he was my little friend he traveled with us,I bought him in Pittsburgh,I live in Cleveland he's no longer with us but I had him for 5yrs,I really just wanted to say sorry for your loss
Community Manager

Hi JohnM3

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you posting and welcome to the community. Did you purchase Shiro from a Petco store? If so can you please email these details along with your phone number and the store location to ptpsupport@petco.com so we can look into this further?

Thank you, Alex

Contributor

I am so sorry about your hamster Smiley Sad I had a hamster that died about 2 weeks ago. I am sure that she loved living with you for the short amount of time you had with her, she sounds very sweet (I love her name).
Contributor

i am so sorry you have had this tragic loss. You seem to have cared a great deal about your pet, monitoring her remotely and all. Please try again. Perhaps she caught an infection and the trembling was from fever. Be sure to sterilize everything or replace it before getting another animal, just in case.
New Contributor

I'm so sorry! I had a guinea pig that died we waited a month and got two more than another one. It really helps. Your not replacing them your just getting another furry friend to help you with you loss.

Latest Discussion
View more discussions
Small Animal General

Hamster died

By Fluffy2701 on Aug. 22, 2017
Hello! I had a hamster and he got sick three days back. Unfo...
Hello, I have 4 rabbits, three girls and two boys. They live...
How to Ensure Your Pet Has a Luxurious Summer A luxury pet s...
Small Animal General

Returning sick animals

By Orchid on Jul. 10, 2017
Has anyone returned a sick animal to Petco and gotten it bac...
Small Animal General

Guniea pigs

By Maria_craycray on Jun. 21, 2017
I've had bought a baby male guinea pig for my brother at pet...
Small Animal General

guinea pig neutering

By annaandherpigs on Jun. 5, 2017
We recently adopted two guinea pigs from petco. Although we...
Small Animal General

Guinea pig

By wlcattarin on May. 9, 2017
Hi. Just was wondering. My guinea pig always seems to have a...
Small Animal General

New Guinea pig

By katmeek on Apr. 22, 2017
Hi everyone I just got a new Guinea pig 7 days ago from pets...
Small Animal General

Guinea pigs

By BertiesMama on Apr. 11, 2017
Hi my name is Liz and I just bought my first pet, a female g...
Small Animal General

Selling 2 Guinea Pigs

By saila on Apr. 8, 2017
I am looking for a good home for 2 Guinea Pig girls, they co...
Read all discussions