Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

How To Ensure Your Pet Has A Luxurious Summer Vacation

How to Ensure Your Pet Has a Luxurious Summer

A luxury pet staycationA luxury pet staycation

Summer is already here and a nice vacation for you and your family is long overdue. However, if you’re a pet owner, you might have to face the difficult decision of either letting someone else take care of it, or taking it with you. Taking your pet with you might come off as a good idea, but in reality, hotel restrictions, travel-induced pet illness, and runaway pets can turn your trip into a disaster. There are many options out there for your fur baby, and you have to find just the right one. After all, the poor pooch or kitty is going to be separated from you for a long period of time and that can be very stressful for them, so you need to make sure to make them as comfortable as possible while you’re not there. We are going to list you some of the solutions for your pet so you can make the right decision.

Pet sitting

Pet sitting is a marvelous solution for your pet because they won’t have to change their environment, therefore it will be less stressful for them while you’re not there. Having an experienced pet sitter come by for feedings, walks and playtimes is a solid option. Depending on your dog’s nature, you get to decide whether the sitter will be visiting once a day for walks, feeding and quality time, multiple times a day or even stay at your home for the duration of your trip. Just be careful, with the additional time in your home comes the additional risk of a legal issue – ask to see proof that your sitter is licensed, bonded and insured. Liability insurance protects the sitter and the homeowners from numerous calamities that could potentially occur.

Traditional kennels

Happy dog playing with frisbeeHappy dog playing with frisbee

Just do a little internet search and check with your pet owning friends about any kennels nearby and chances are, you’ll soon find one that’s best for your pooch. These establishments were here for quite some time and have probably built up a reputation. If your dog is friendly and not prone to anxiety, this is the top solution for him. He will have proper care during the day, but at night the establishments are usually empty.

Pet boarding

Cat nappingCat napping

Most pet boarding kennels usually accept dogs and cats. If you have a bird, reptile or more exotic pet, you may have trouble finding one. Ask your veterinarian about exotic pet kennels if you are not sure where to begin your search. As for the advantages of cat boarding Perth and similar pet hotels, it’s the safest option for your cat. She will have around the clock attention, and professional medical care, along with proper exercise and diet. Most important of all she will be in a safe environment. Before you decide to leave your cat in a pet boarding facility, make sure her vaccinations are all up-to-date and make sure the kennel requires all pet owners to do so. To make sure everything will work right for your furry friend, visit the cat boarding facility you were considering of using and take the tour and any other information you need.

In-home pet boarding

In-home boarding involves you bringing your animals to a pet sitter’s home in your area before leaving on vacation. In-home boarding gives dogs the opportunity to socialize with other dogs under the supervision of a responsible pet owner, as well as individualized attention and more daily interaction. Instead of hiring a dog-sitter and giving them the keys to the house, you can feel more comfortable knowing your dog is in the right hands at the right place.

Veterinary offices

If your dog is old, has a medical condition that needs to be taken care of daily, and needs monitoring, you might need to consider leaving him at a veterinary office. Boarding your dog with your trusted veterinarian and staff can provide the priceless benefit of peace of mind. The staff can monitor your dog closely and provide him food and walks, and after spending so much time with him, they may also give you some new input on how to care for your dog better and give recommendations on how to keep him healthier.

Friend/neighbor

If you have a friend or a neighbor that loves dogs, you can entrust them to take care of your pooch while you’re not there. Chances are they really love your doggie and would enjoy playing with him and walking him. You can ask them to stop by every now and then and take some time to care for your dog or if they’re up for it, you can leave your dog at their house, depending on how your dog will take any of those two scenarios (you know your dog best, so make the choice accordingly). Before you trust the care into someone else, make sure they know the basics of pet care, and your dog’s behavior. Point out anything that they maybe don’t know, so there are no surprises.

Conclusion

Your pet is your family member, however you look at it. You need to make sure that while you’re away it is taken care of the same as if you were there. Before you decide to travel, always make sure where and how you can entrust your pet to someone so you can all have a stress-free vacation.

Latest Discussion
View more discussions
Small Animal General

What will happen to the sick mouse I returned to the store?

By jorn on Sep. 26, 2017
The store is in hemet, ca. I exchanged a very sick skinny mo...
Small Animal General

HELP my hamster!

By mamalito on Sep. 21, 2017
We bought a robo hamster about 8 months ago and he has alway...
Small Animal General

Baby Hamster

By ToxicKitty on Sep. 17, 2017
I was wondering if there was any chance that I could buy a b...
I have a female Chinese dwarf hamster I absolutely love. I g...
Small Animal General

Hamster died

By Fluffy2701 on Aug. 22, 2017
Hello! I had a hamster and he got sick three days back. Unfo...
Hello, I have 4 rabbits, three girls and two boys. They live...
How to Ensure Your Pet Has a Luxurious Summer A luxury pet s...
Small Animal General

Returning sick animals

By Orchid on Jul. 10, 2017
Has anyone returned a sick animal to Petco and gotten it bac...
Small Animal General

Guniea pigs

By Maria_craycray on Jun. 21, 2017
I've had bought a baby male guinea pig for my brother at pet...
Small Animal General

guinea pig neutering

By annaandherpigs on Jun. 5, 2017
We recently adopted two guinea pigs from petco. Although we...
Read all discussions