Highlighted

Bearded Dragon needs good home

I live in Warwick New York and need to find a home for my sons Bearded Dragon "Lizzy". She's great but my son doesn't take care of her the way he needs to and my wife and I are tired of doing it. Any one interested please reply. 

3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Bearded Dragon needs good home

Hi jdesotle

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to keep your beardie. I recommend calling your local Petco and asking about the rescue groups they work with, then you could contact the groups and see if they can provide some advice or assistance. You can find the number to your local Petco store here. Additionally here's an article from our community of pet lovers with tips for rehoming a pet.

Good luck!

Alex Cat Very Happy

I would if you will ship it to me
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm assuming that you've found a home for your son's beardie by now, but if not please send me a private message so I can provide you my contact info. I live in Pennsylvania and am more than willing to drive my truck up to Warwick to pick up your beardie and his supplies and give him a stable, loving home. I have a female beardie right now that is almost 7 months old and in perfect health, and prior to her I had a male beardie that I got as a month-old baby and died at age 11. I also had a green iguana for almost 11 years, and a collared lizard for 6 years. So I'm very experienced and have the time and finances to care properly for him. I also live 10 minutes from my Certified Herp Vet who has a lot of Bearded Dragon experience, as well as 10 minutes away from a 24- hour animal hospital that has a Certified Herp Vet on-call.

Like I said, I'm sure you've found him a home by now, but if not I am more than willing to help, and to make the drive to you. My name is Ellen, please send me a private message if you'd like to get in touch. Thanks.

Latest Discussion
View more discussions
Reptile General

Vacation in october with my beardie

By Killerkelly on Jul. 24, 2017
We will be going to Colorado in october over the fall break...
Reptile General

2 young Beardies looking for a home

By TheJay44 on Jul. 20, 2017
I've had these beardies for a little while. They just need t...
Reptile General

Purchased Worms At Local Petco, Dead and Missing!

By EllenD on Apr. 23, 2017
Hi, I don't know where exactly to put this or what to do abo...
Hi I am Nami I got a bearded dragon on sunday, and its still...
Reptile General

Next Reptile Rally

By m4keyourself on Mar. 11, 2017
Hello! Can sometime please tell me when the next reptile ral...
Reptile General

Corn Snake Info Please

By Piggy48 on Feb. 21, 2017
Hello, I am thinking about adopting a corn snake, what are s...
Reptile General

Bearded Dragon needs good home

By jdesotle on Feb. 13, 2017
I live in Warwick New York and need to find a home for my so...
Reptile General

Help?

By TattooAddict on Feb. 12, 2017
So I found a lizard but I don't know what kind of lizard it...
Reptile General

Please advice baby leo not eating

By Leo love on Jan. 10, 2017
About a month ago I got a baby lepord gecko..she has the pro...
Reptile General

HELP! Abandoned geckos

By Caitib on Dec. 26, 2016
Recently I was approached by an acquaintence asking if I cou...
Read all discussions