Contributor

Re: new tank plants dying help

better image of my annubis, just started some CO2 supplement

IMAG1953.jpg

Contributor

a couple of the plants are still dying, their leaves are turning clear.. others have the brown stuff on them but they still look ok.... im adding the CO2 boost every day, and the plant food every week like suggested, 

Esteemed Contributor

Prune off yellowed and decomposing leaves. Individual Anubias leaves last so long they readily accrue a covering of algae. I am not above taking them out of the tank and gently cleaning individual leaves.

Some die-back is to be expected, and some varieties-- alas-- escape our attempts to grow them. For example, I cannot seem to grow Cabomba or Milfoil-- so I opt for species I can grow. 

I am glad you have a nice large tank for your Tiger Barbs. They will look spectacular as they grow!

Good luck.

“The oceans are the planet's last great living wilderness, man's only remaining frontier on Earth, and perhaps his last chance to prove himself a rational species.”
― John L. Culliney
Contributor

i did some pruning, that has helped some, cleaned of the anubis and the driftwood, got my water tested again, everything is perfect except my nitrates/ nitirites were a little high.  i began using algone packates for that issue and the overwhelming algea issue im having, i also bought two snails to start out with.  havent seen much change so far, one week with the packets.  I do about a 10-15% water change weekly instead of bigger changes less frequently because i heard that is better for keeping the water more stable.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: New tank plants dying help

There is a lady on youtube. She may have a video she made that talks about what she does for her tanks, and other stuff with them. she has about 18 animals in her room. Her name is Taylor Nicole Dean. Try looking her up she may have something for you.
Latest Discussion
View more discussions
Planted Tank

A

By isabelh on May. 11, 2017
Planted Tank

Betta fish plants

By Piggy48 on Feb. 12, 2017
I have a female betta fish right now and I am currently in t...
Planted Tank

Petco Plants

By Unet45 on Nov. 16, 2016
Hey guys! havent been on in a long while! Petco sells plants...
We all know that live plants are good for your tanks. I have...
Planted Tank

New tank purchase- plant suggestions?

By ThisMamaLoves on Apr. 7, 2016
We are getting a new tank setup this weekend. We would like...
Planted Tank

New tank plants dying help

By Bowlby on Mar. 5, 2015
2 week old planted tank, 40 gallon, new plants are starting...
So I just picked up a 75 gal fish tank, and I've been doing...
Planted Tank

I'm starting a new planted tank

By Dr. Lionfish on Mar. 11, 2014
I've had a freshwater tank for years now and I'm thinking of...
Okay so now the disaster going on in my 55 gallon last year...
Planted Tank

Where to buy plants?

By jobobcowman on Oct. 28, 2013
I have been looking all over for a good place to buy plants....
Read all discussions