Highlighted
New Contributor

No price match at petco store vs petco.com

According to Petco.com, Petco stores will match their own online price with a proof. Yesterday, the lady at the cash register at my Petco in Barre, VT refused to honor deals that had 50% or more applied to it.  Apparently each store are making their own rules now?!

I did chat with an agent about it and he said that there was nothing he could do other than taking the issue to upper management.  He also said that it was up to the Store's leader to honor it or not.  If its the case....Please change your Price match policy on petco.com and do say that not all stores are honoring it. 

I do want to add that the Agent who chatted with me was very nice and i know that there was little he could do to help me.

6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: No price match at petco store vs petco.com

Hi Lalka. Would you please email us at PTPsupport@petco.com with your phone number and store location so we can look into this and follow up with you directly? Thank you!

Occasional Contributor

amazon.com has better prices and they retain the history of what you buy. i purchased a deer antler at petco between 2009-2010 and had my credit card company pull the transactions so we could locate the exact product to ensure similar products are being sold so dogs don't break their teeth. petco doesn't require their stores to keep receipts, which is concerning since i have a decade of receipts for all my tax issues.....this also means that any other person impacted by a product has no recourse because petco isn't retaining the information. i will never shop online or at a petco store again because they don't seem to care about pet safety. i've taken 10 the amount of time to try and apprise them of the situation when people didn't follow thru and even mislead me and still didn't even respond to the information they were sent.

I had the same thing happen to me today at the El Paso Texas location on Montana. Ugh! Had to walk out!
Community Manager

We're sorry to hear this Mike, thank you for sharing. Can you please send these details to us at ptpsupport@petco.com along with your last name and phone number so our team can look into this further and try to make things right?

Alex

[ Edited ]
Today I went to the Los Gatos Petco and they told me they would only price match one item from the petco.com website. The funny thing is they allowed me to do this two weeks ago! I tried finding that policy online, but couldn't. I can understand not matching the prices on other websites, but this is their own site! I have an email into thier costumer support to see if the "store policy" is true concerning one item. If so, I will take by business to Amazon!
Visitor

I had the same problem today at the Buford Ga store. They would only match if 50% or less. I asked if they could give me 50% instead of 56% and they said no.

A large king squeezz ball is 56% off but the xl is 50%off. Too bad the xl won't work for my puppy.

Latest Discussion
View more discussions
Petco Support

Dog food discounts

By Jengets on Oct. 3, 2017
I currently receive emails about auto delivery and discounte...
Petco Support

Returns for online purchases

By Mommy22 on Sep. 24, 2017
I had a repeat delivery that came up without any notificatio...
Hello. I would like to share an incident which occurred with...
Petco Support

Petco Grooming

By Roxy750 on Sep. 9, 2017
I go to Petco on a regular basis and just have to complain a...
Petco Support

Petco Grooming

By molly's pet mom on Aug. 23, 2017
I was supposed to receive a call from my local Petco after l...
Petco Support

Great changes

By nathanakers on Aug. 19, 2017
I would like to leave a comment about the store that I shop...
Petco Support

DISCOUNT questions

By Marth619 on Aug. 14, 2017
I saw ferrets on sale at my local petco. But beside the sale...
Petco Support

pet safety

By Dachuwhisper on Aug. 11, 2017
I would suggest that you use your pals account for every pro...
I would suggest that you use your pals account for every pro...
I visited the Greensboro Petco location today and I saw some...
Read all discussions