New Contributor

Petco statesboro ga

You wrote a review for Petco
7 minutes ago

5/31/2017
My husband and I are new to the Statesboro area and our 9 year old German Shepherd needed grooming and nails trimmed. My dog has been going to a groomer since he was 5 weeks old and never had a negative experience. We trusted Petco would take good care of our dog however that was far from expected. I took my dog out to our vehicle while my husband waited in a very slow line to pay the bill. I noticed my dog was behaving very stressed so attempted to soothe him. While doing so I noticed a substantial amount of blood on the back seat. I took my dog back in Petco and brought it to staff's attention. They were slow in resolving the issue and one employee actually scolded my dog for moving. I asked if I needed to take him to a Vet and was told no. My dog's toe nails look horrific. Some haven't been touched, others look mangled then the bleeding came from those that were cut to the skin. I called the store as soon as I got home with my dog. Asked to speak with the manager, was told I was speaking with the manager and his name is Gerrick Muse. I proceeded to ask if he was the store manager and he stated he was not and that persons name is Kaitlin Thompson however she can't be reached until Saturday or Sunday. I asked for the name of the District Manager and was told that's confidential. I'm not a fool. I worked in the legal system for over 20 years and my husband recently retired from the military of 26 years as a Disabled Combat Veteran. I expressed my obvious concerns to "Gerrick" and he stated I should have requested to speak with a manager so we wouldn't have to pay the bill. I told "Gerrick" my dog was bleeding and in pain therefore the last thing I was thinking about was the bill! It's not about the money, it's about the maltreatment of my dog. I'm horrified by "Gerrick's" lack of empathy and his nonchalant attitude regarding this matter. At one point during our conversation, he actually giggled. I will post my complaint about this Petco to anyone who will listen. What happened to my dog today is irresponsible, unprofessional and cruel.
Joy BaileyBleeding from cutting my dogBleeding from cutting my dogMy dog in pain from being cut by petco staffMy dog in pain from being cut by petco staff

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Petco statesboro ga

[ Edited ]

Hi nogood

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, can you please your phone number to ptpsupport@petco.com so we can look into this further and have someone reach out to directly? In the meantime, I've sent this information to our escalations team and store leaders for handling. 

Alex 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Petco statesboro ga

I have spoken with the escalation team and waiting for a return call. Thank you for responding.

Latest Discussion
View more discussions
I've been wanting to teach my dog a "Walking Handstand...
Dog General

Growth scare

By ynn3j on Nov. 12, 2017
My dog is 5 years old and he has had a small growth for 3 ye...
Dog General

Burleson Texas petco Customer service

By SALTWATER55 on Nov. 9, 2017
I have been shopping within the company for years. I have al...
Dog General

Dogs & A Hedgehog

By Jeepgirl30 on Sep. 20, 2017
We have two rescues...a Lab/Cur mix (male, 80lbs) and a Cata...
Dog General

Best Toys for puppies???

By Ratlover252525 on Aug. 26, 2017
Hi, I am going to get a chihuahua soon, and I want to know w...
We live in Alaska, our male Siberian husky is not afraid of...
Kayla treated my dog buddy like he was hers. She spoke to hi...
Dog General

Wholesome Grain Free Dog Treats

By connielimon on Aug. 3, 2017
Your dog will love this mouth-watering, grain-free recipe fe...
Dog General

Life's Abundance Ear Cleaner

By connielimon on Aug. 1, 2017
All dogs need their ears cleaned regularly to avoid costly v...
Dog General

Life's Abundance Bath Fresh Mist

By connielimon on Aug. 1, 2017
Are you having trouble detangling your dog's hair? Try Life'...
Read all discussions