New Contributor

Rainbows

Hello everyone,

I am new to this community. I have been a pet parent for a while. I have had a 14-year old female cat, named Cleo. And recently she passed away (Last August), recently as of January 1st of this year our 8-year old Male cat named Zeus passed away unexpectedly. Upon getting over the confusion, and grieving process of loosing him, we were trying to still cope with his loss when we were 'chosen' by a bonded pair of brothers at a shelter we went to; JUST to Look! or so we thought. We were chosen by Jari and Akira. We love them dearly, I think what I would like to know is: Did anyone else ever see a rainbow upon their pet's passing? The day we were going to pick up our boys, we literally saw a rainbow. Not your typical rainbow, one that went straight up and down. Not your average curved one. We both saw it and we cried. We were sure it was a sign from Zeus. He was okay, and he was telling us we can move on. These boys needed us. Their backstory probably isn't as heartbreaking as most shelter cats, their owner, had to move out of the country. To China, and couldn't take them with him. He left them in the care of his sister or sister-in-law,  but they didn't get along with her cats. So at the shelter they went. They were there for a month. They were dropped off the same day as we were first bringing Zeus in for testing to try and find out what was wrong with him. I am All about signs. When I saw when they got dropped off, and later the rainbow. It was enough to convince ME. We were meant to have them come into our lives. I think for us (my fiance and I), we were wondering if we should do something for Zeus' birthday. I was thinking of releasing a balloon in his memory. Has anyone ever done something similar for their pet? Thank you for reading my story. 

7 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Rainbows

Awwww that's so sweet, sorry for your loss Smiley Sad
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hi CatMomJen

Welcome to the community! Thank you for sharing your thoughtful post. I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved cats Cleo and more recently Zeus. I can certainly relate to the pain of losing a beloved pet, recently my family said good bye to our 14 year old cat Tucker. She was such a sweet girl, I will always remember her love. I still can't believe she's gone, it hasn't quite sunk in. Though I haven't seen a rainbow that I felt was a sign from my pet, I have seen rainbows that remind me of other loved ones I've lost in my life. Whether it be a special rainbow or a random dragon fly that lands in front of me, I take the moment of serenity as a sign of their love too!

I am happy to hear about the new feline siblings in your life who chose you, I'd love to see a photo! I look forward to reading you future posts, 

Alex Cat Very Happy

Hi I'm so sorry for your loss. I too unfortunately can relate all to well. My family & I lost three of our babies in the last year and a half...Beyond words in how devastated we still are. But on their anniversary & birthdays we always send up some balloons & usually write a special message. Its a beautiful tradition to do. God bless & enjoy your new babies, I believe they were chosen for you !!
New Contributor

Thank you Everyone who has replied. It was actually a really windy day when we did it. Which was shortly after I made this post. And originally the balloons got stuck in two different sets of trees, and this was disheartening to me (at first), but the next morning my fiance told me BOTH sets of balloons were no longer around. So that me happy. I was quite an emotional day for him and I. But I think we can move forward now.
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

These are my new boys. I plan on taking Lots more pictures of them.

This is Akira and IThis is Akira and IThis is Jari, sleeping in the reclinerThis is Jari, sleeping in the recliner

This is Akira and Jari asleep on the floorThis is Akira and Jari asleep on the floor

Community Manager

Gorgeous cats! Love these photos CatMomJen, thank you for sharing! It certainly looks like you've got some professional snugglers on your hands, and they're so handsome! I hope you'll come back and share an update on them and post more photos soon. 

Alex Cat Very Happy

VIP

Sorry to read about your loss... but happy that you have two more awesome kitties to love! Smiley Happy

I can't say I've seen a rainbow like you have described, but I have seen rainbows suddenly appear out of the rainy, cloudy sky at the same time as a human burial at a cemetery! The clouds "opened up" and the sun and rainbow appeared at two distinct funerals. The meaning is open for interpretation, and I suppose it is up to the individual to decide if it is a "sign" or spurious relationship!
Latest Discussion
View more discussions
Cat General

Rainbows

By CatMomJen on Mar. 7, 2017
Hello everyone, I am new to this community. I have been a pe...
Cat General

Litter box rim

By SnowWolf on Feb. 3, 2017
I've been using one of the SoPhresh open litter boxes - SKU...
Cat General

Cats attitude is out of hand help!

By Angel22867 on Jan. 30, 2017
My cat is 3 and for the past 2 years has had horrible attitu...
Cat General

My kitten has a swollen upper lip

By edennlatoni on Jan. 10, 2017
My cat has a swollen upper lip. It looks a little bigger tha...
Cat General

My Cat Lulu

By Jackie and Lulu on Jan. 5, 2017
I adopted Lulu 2 years ago. I found her on Craiglist. What a...
Cat General

Trapping A Cat

By ZacZ4MicheleZ on Oct. 22, 2016
Someone in my neighborhood posted "missing cat" si...
Cat General

A BETTER MEMORY OF "9/11"

By ZacZ4MicheleZ on Sep. 11, 2016
I'm sure today, the 15th anniversary of the now infamous...
Cat General

Sphynx Kitten first night home

By KittenSmitten on Sep. 2, 2016
Hi All, I just got a Sphynx kitten today and she hasn't eate...
Cat General

Feeding 2 cats different food

By Ang on Aug. 31, 2016
I have 2 cats that are on different foods. My younger cat wi...
Cat General

Playing with two cats

By Lucky&Bowie on Aug. 16, 2016
I have a 6 year old cat, Lucky, and I just adopted a 3.5 mon...
Read all discussions