New Contributor

New Cage

Hello, i just wanted to say that my eser name is S.A.N. for my pets my dog snickers, (gave him away about 2 years ago Smiley Sad), Army my green female budge, and Navy my male blue budgie.  

i just wanted to know if  this cage is a good cage for my budgie Army, she is tamed. but her and Navy keep fighting and they are drawing blood which scares me alot, so i would like to know if this is a good cage for one budgie..

http://www.petco.com/product/114142/Petco-Designer-Square-Top-Parakeet-Cage.aspx?CoreCat=certona-_-P...

because is says for a budgie but i realy want peoples ideas about this cage.  also if anyone would like to know where i got a tamed budgie, i didnt get her tamed i got her a birthday present from petco. it did not take a alot of time to tame her, but  if you have 2 budgies like i do, and you have them in one cage, take out the budgie that ou would like to tame first into a bird- safe room. they will get used to you fatser without having the other bird around. and it will be eaiser for them to trust you. thank you! Smiley Happy

1 REPLY
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: New Cage

It should be fine with for one budgie. Im surprised that they are being overly aggressive towards eachother as they are female and male. I would recommend to keep them in separate cages but place them view of eachother so they get used to one another. Slowly start putting the cages next to eachother so they build a bond together. 

I bought two budgies together and brought them home the same day. Its possible because they were both new to the place that they quickly bonded. 

Good luck! 

Latest Discussion
View more discussions
Cage & Habitat

I've had my birds for almost 4yrs

By Lamagic on May. 9, 2017
I purchased 3 Birds and one dies the next month but the othe...
Cage & Habitat

Nest for my Diamond Doves (It's Spring)?

By Whisperer on Mar. 15, 2016
I just adopted two Diamond Doves. It's Spring and it looks l...
So as I went to purchase food and snacks at my local pet sto...
Cage & Habitat

Lighting for my Canary

By granbjd22 on Aug. 19, 2014
I need to put some type of light near my Canary.The room is...
Cage & Habitat

New bird meets old bird?

By koharrison93 on Mar. 28, 2014
I've had a parakeet for 4 years. I only got one when I got h...
Cage & Habitat

Finding a Cockcatiel Cage

By guinealover015 on Mar. 31, 2013
Whats the best type of cage? I've been bonding with a cockat...
Cage & Habitat

New Cage

By S.A.N. on Jan. 4, 2013
Hello, i just wanted to say that my eser name is S.A.N. for...
Read all discussions