New Contributor

Cage For parakeet?

Hello, i just wanted to say that my eser name is S.A.N. for my pets my dog snickers, (gave him away about 2 years ago :smileysad:), Army my green female budge, and Navy my male blue budgie.  

i just wanted to know if  this cage is a good cage for my budgie Army, she is tamed. but her and Navy keep fighting and they are drawing blood which scares me alot, so i would like to know if this is a good cage for one budgie..

http://www.petco.com/product/114142/Petco-Designer-Square-Top-Parakeet-Cage.aspx?CoreCat=certona-_-P...

because is says for a budgie but i realy want peoples ideas about this cage.  also if anyone would like to know where i got a tamed budgie, i didnt get her tamed i got her a birthday present from petco. it did not take a alot of time to tame her, but  if you have 2 budgies like i do, and you have them in one cage, take out the budgie that ou would like to tame first into a bird- safe room. they will get used to you fatser without having the other bird around. and it will be eaiser for them to trust you. thank you! :smileyhappy:

i also have this posted on the "Cage" forum too.

2 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Cage For parakeet?

This cage should be find for one budgie. 

With time most animals can be tamed. I'm glad that you are separating the two. I always advise to have an extra cage if you are adding another bird at different times. Sometimes they get along others not so much.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Cage For parakeet?

My male and female started fighting and I decided to leave the cage door open so the victim could escape if need be.  Sure enough it worked and now both birds get along and love flying around their cage and getting the excerise they need.  Make sure the door is shut when it starts to get dark.  They will fly into walls in the dark.

Latest Discussion
View more discussions
Bird General

Clipped wings

By Addyg on Oct. 29, 2017
Are all of the parakeets wings clipped at petco?
Bird General

parakeet

By Addyg on Oct. 28, 2017
I’m looking into purchasing a parakeet. I want the bird as a...
Bird General

Parakeet died within 12 days of purchase

By Priyar on Sep. 14, 2017
We called the store and they said they can't replace it. The...
~2 weeks ago we rescued Cardinal baby bird, fed it by hand s...
Bird General

Parakeet sudden death :(

By Fayjill4 on Jul. 16, 2017
We bought a parakeet a week ago. She's been a good singer, f...
Bird General

Parakeet died within 13 days of purchase.

By Nonk on May. 19, 2017
What do I need to do to get a replacement bird?
Bird General

Pet bird packing and shipping tips

By shanns on Jan. 15, 2017
Hey guys... Here I got something very usefull to those who a...
Bird General

Parekeet sex

By mdens on Jan. 14, 2017
hey guys, i got a parrekeet from petco, and i need to know t...
Bird General

Jenday Conure Severely Sick

By Art3mis on Jan. 3, 2017
I bought Artemis (my Jenday Conure) from Petco in Fredericks...
Bird General

What sex are parakeets

By brenlee10 on Dec. 18, 2016
I just adopted 2 parakeets and was wondering how do u tell t...
Read all discussions