Untitled Document
Pet Talk Place - where pet lovers connect, share and learn adopted by Petco
Valued Contributor
The_Big_A
Accepted Solution

Improvements

Just a few things I think could still change. You can not set a avatar and it goes right to an error message. Also, (where the general discussion/aquarium/nutrition links are) I would recomend adding a "Fish Species" or "Fish ______". That way there is a place to discus fish species. Maybe also an "Equipment" section. I dont know if anybody will read this.....but it was worth a shot.

"Whatever happens, happens. I just go with the flow." - Linsey Weenk
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
huachinango

Re: Improvements

Lots of bugs in the system I suspect.  I advise patience until this stuff gets ironed out.

“The oceans are the planet's last great living wilderness, man's only remaining frontier on Earth, and perhaps his last chance to prove himself a rational species.”
― John L. Culliney
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Darwin_Ahoy

As I mentioned in the reptile forum, navigation is a bit difficult, with no obvious links to the various forums from the threads (handy when going topic to topic or forum to forum).

I managed to get my avatar up pretty easily. It helps to go through your settings thoroughly. I had to adjust my time zone, and the chronological order of posts (oldest to newest like it was, rather than newest to oldest). There's still a few things I haven't messed with, so that may improve it a bit, too. There's a good bit of customization you can do in there.

One other thing I am not a fan of is the session timeout. I tend to leave the forum up and logged in on my computer constantly, so I can easily check it from time to time.

After a week or two of getting used to it, it'll be easier to provide some feedback on what features are lacking/hindering, once we're all a bit more used to the layout.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
The_Big_A

I could get used to this! I actually like it overall! :manhappy:

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
The_Big_A

Iv'e also just noticed that there is no way to add/remove/see your friends.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
doglady

[ Edited ]

Hi, this is confusing,  plus I wanted huach to know I was trying out new buttons and I ended up giving him several kudos, 1 would have been enough (for now)!  Hopefully this system will get easier to use.   

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
The_Big_A

When you look at the 17646 threads on the Splash Forum compared to the others, you can really tell what the most used forum is.:cathappy:

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Kitty

This is so confusing to use... I thought a LITTLE change,...

This is so confusing to use... I thought a LITTLE change, not a big change!!  I logged onto the forum and I was kind of shocked. I lost all the pictures on my photos and friends. it's a litte hard to use, I have to admit, such a big change. It's going to take me a week or two to adjust. I liked the old way much, much better. 

~Kudos... 'kudos'... our English teacher makes us do "quiet Kudos" instead of clapping. xD 

WE all sound silly snapping our fingers. 

~It's just curious ole' me!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Violet,Violet

Re: This is so confusing to use... I thought a LITTLE change,...

Well I wanted to try posting now, since I couldn't log on yesterday at all. I am having a little trouble finding out which threads I've read and which ones have new content.

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Darwin_Ahoy

Re: This is so confusing to use... I thought a LITTLE change,...

There's an option on the main thread "Mark All As Read"...click that, and topics that generate new posts will appear in bold afterwards.

Please use plain text.

Shop petco.com     Find a Store